For the last couple of years, I’ve been running a startup to develop an app (Upkeepr) and learning many lessons along the way, which I’ve been thinking about sharing here. Also, I’ve immersed myself in Agile theory again by:
- Taking the Scrum.org Professional Scrum Master PSM I and PSM II courses taught by Improving
- Studying for the PSM assessments (and passing)
- Applying to be a Professional Scrum Trainer (PST) and reflecting on my love of teaching
The two big books that have me thinking deeply at the moment are:
- Mastering Professional Scrum, by Stephanie Ockerman and Simon Reindl
- Professional Scrum Product Owner, by my good friend and ex-colleague Don McGreal and his co-author Jocham Ralph
As has always been the case in my blogging, my intended audience is both the public at large who may be interested in my musings on Agility, product development, or technology, and my future self, when I’ve forgotten the clarity of thought I had at some moment or want to continue a train of thought with the next step. Plus, writing often forces me to frame my thoughts and structure ideas into something consumable by others. So maybe this will make me a better Agilist, leader, and entrepreneur along the way.
So, here goes!